IUR mentoring program for writing research applications 2024
During 2024 IUR will fund up to six IUR members (with a PhD degree) to partake in a mentoring program for writing research applications. The deadline for application is the 1st of September 2023.
- Commit yourself to partake in the mentoring program (see below)
- Commit yourself to submit at least one proposal early 2024 to be placed within IUR, to any research council relevant for your proposal
- Support your peers in reading and commenting on their drafts
- Fund four-six weeks of your employment during 2024
- Allocate a mentor for each participant
- Set up mentoring meetings and support your application writings
- Host the research project
How to apply:
The participants will be selected based on their idea for a research application (its originality, feasibility, and likeliness to get funded). You will get a response by the end of September 2023, to be able for you to plan your workload in 2024 with your Head of Unit.
You submit a research application idea (max. 500 words) to email@example.com by the 1st of September 2023.
- Start-up meeting 22 November 2023 kl. 14-16 with Daniel Holmberg, Grants Office: discussion of first research proposal ideas, potential research councils, setting dates for upcoming meetings.
- Meeting in January: discussion of first draft
- Meeting in February: discussion of advanced draft
- Meeting in March: discussion of final draft