Guy Baeten is Professor of Urban Studies at Malmö University and is the Director of the newly established Institute for Urban Research. He has previously worked at the universities of Lund, Oxford, Leuven and Strathclyde. Guy Baeten is interested in urban development projects and urban sustainability. He is the principal investigator of the FORMAS Strong Research Environment CRUSH — Critical Urban Sustainability Hub. He is involved in two research projects on smart cities with case studies in Toronto, Copenhagen, Stockholm and Antwerp that are running between 2018 and 2020. He is also part of a project that investigates histories of the sustainability concept in Malmö urban planning.
IUR Research Projects
- Public health, epidemics and urban planning: reinstating the connection
- Societal values and consequences of integrating geosystem services into subsurface planning
- Open Archive: Urban Research and Covid-19
- Transnational Financialization: Understanding Uneven Urban Development Across Borders
- Norra Sorgenfri planerat, bebott och problematiserat: social hållbarhets roll i stadsutvecklingen
These publications are authored or co-authored by Guy Baeten.
Publications are gathered from Malmö University publication service (DiVA).