IUR in the RN37 Conference in Berlin
IUR was active this week at the V Midterm Conference of the European Sociological Association Research Network 37: Urban Sociology titled “Seeing Like a City/Seeing the City Through” at the Georg Simmel Center for Metropolitan Research of the Humboldt University Berlin.
- Chiara Valli, Karina Villacura, Myrto Dagkouli-Kyriakoglou, and Defne Kadioglu chaired Panel 21, titled “Housing, Financialization and Mobility”.
- Chiara Valli presented “Gentrification generalised? Affordability crisis and displacement forms between development-led planning and housing financialisation in Sweden” in session 26.1, titled Similarities and Differences between gentrification cases: Do context, states and institutions matter?
- Myrto Dagkouli-Kyriakoglou , with co-author Georgia Alexandri, presented “Housing financialisation, alienation and displacement pressures in post-crisis Athens” in session 21.2, titled Housing, Financialisation and Mobility.
- Karina Villacura presented “The residential mobility of young households in a changing housing system.” in Session 21.1, titled Housing, Financialization and Mobility.
- Defne Kadioglu, with co-author Niloufar Tajeri, presented “Shortened presents and extended futures: Centralizing marginalized public spaces through displacement” in session 16.1, titled Margins, Displacement, and struggles in the Urban Arena.