- Associate Senior Lecturer
Chiara Valli is Associate Senior Lecturer at the Department of Urban Studies. She is an urban geographer interested in housing and planning and their relations to social justice. After her PhD degree in Social and Economic Geography at Uppsala University, Chiara has conducted a postdoc project at the University of Gothenburg, a postdoc at IUR within the CRUSH project, and finally a postdoc in the project Smart cities for city officials. Chiara’s research interests include: housing, housing financialisation, gentrification, segregation, Business Improvement Districts (BIDs), smart cities, labour precarity, urban activism, participatory and visual research methodologies. Since December 2021, Chiara has been leading the project Financialization of everyday life in Sweden. Intersectional perspectives on housing and labor precarity.
IUR Research Projects
- Financialization of everyday life in Sweden. Intersectional perspectives on housing and labor precarity
- Public health, epidemics and urban planning: reinstating the connection
- Planning for equal social sustainability at the intersection of social policy and housing policy
- Open Archive: Urban Research and Covid-19
- CRUSH – Critical Urban Sustainability Hub
These publications are authored or co-authored by Chiara Valli.
Publications are gathered from Malmö University publication service (DiVA).