Guy Baeten is Professor of Urban Studies at Malmö University and is the Director of the Institute for Urban Research. He has previously worked at the universities of Lund, Oxford, Leuven and Strathclyde. Guy Baeten is interested in urban development projects and urban sustainability. He was the principal investigator of the FORMAS Strong Research Environment CRUSH — Critical Urban Sustainability Hub and has recently finished several projects that deal with smart urban environments, including an investigation of the Google plans for a new district in Toronto. Currently he investigates histories of the sustainability concept in Malmö urban planning and the notion of ‘liveability’ in a Nordic urban context.
IUR Research Projects
- Public health, epidemics and urban planning: reinstating the connection
- Societal values and consequences of integrating geosystem services into subsurface planning
- Open Archive: Urban Research and Covid-19
- Transnational Financialization: Understanding Uneven Urban Development Across Borders
- Norra Sorgenfri planerat, bebott och problematiserat: social hållbarhets roll i stadsutvecklingen
These publications are authored or co-authored by Guy Baeten.
Publications are gathered from Malmö University publication service (DiVA).